Program Conflict

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM

There appears to be some conflict between Windows Live Calendar Gadget and Acronis True Image Home 2010. Bringing up Acronis also brings up the new version notice from the Gadget, even though there is no new version. Also, the Acronis Nonstop Backup is being turned off by something, and I suspect it is the Gadget. I am running Windows 7/64.

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Hi, I'm sorry it was my fault. I've uploaded today (twice) the debug version of the gadget and it confused the "check for updates" algorithm. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks a lot for feedback, if you have any further suggestions, I’ll be glad if you let me know. Thanks again!

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM

That explains where the notice came from. It does not explain why Acronis True Image brings up the notice. Any ideas?

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM

New versions of the gadget are checked always when the gadget become visible (that normally happens when you start the gadget or when the computer resumes from sleep). It seems that Acronis True Image forces the gadget to raise the VisiblityChanged event. There is actually no bug, but the gadget still thinks, that there is a new version on the server. You can fix it by downloading the current version of the gadget although it's the same you're using. (The new version is comming soon, but I have to work out a few things first).