Repeating Events

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Thanks again for writing the gadget, I absolutely love it. One suggestion I have is for the handling of repeated events. Right now, how they are displayed is a little awkward. For example, I have an event that repeats every monday and wednesday, but currently the gadget only displayes the next one, the monday event. If I have another event on friday, the list shows my event on monday and then my event on friday. Skipping the second repeating event on wednes day. But also if I displayed all of my repeating events it would clutter up the list. Something to customize how many of a repeating event are displayed in the list would be nice. Like a text box in the details flyout for the repeating event. If this isn't possible, then the current solution is preferable to having all of the repeated events listed. Thanks again for a great gadget.

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:32 PM

The repeating event problem may still be a bit with us. Using the smaller format, my three events in a week all are shown. Using the larger format, the repeating one is skipped.

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Thank you for notification. The issue proposed by hippocoon could be a proble to solve, but I belive that I find a good solution. I take a look at both of those issues. Thanks again.

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Edited Dec 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM

This is a problem. Unfortunately I'm not able to fix this without dramatic increase in need of system resources. So currently the gagdet displays only the next occurence of the repeating event. Little improvement is, that now are the repeating events labeled.