A Very Basic Question

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Moved from XP to W7 so brand new to "gadgets".  Calendar Gadget is my first -- and it really works well.  Looking forward to the final version.

Now for a very basic question on intrerfacing with Windows-Live:

My WinLive calander is the result of several separate calendars displayed together.   If I want Gadget to show entries from all calendars do I simply repeat the "ical address" procedure listed for each individual calendar? 

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Yes, exactly. You have to get the ical address for each calendar and then put them all into gadget settings (one address per line). This way you can combine multiple calendars (you can even combine calendars from various services - for example live calendar and google calendar).

Nov 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM
I do not see a way to display a link to the preloaded "US Holiday" calendar.  How can these dates be shown in your gadget?
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Unfortunately I don't know it either yet, it's a point of my additional research. Only url’s I know are U. S. and Czech Holiday calendar. If you want to, there is still a possibility to use google built-in calendars (there is U.S. Holiday calendar available too and some more).

U.S. Holiday Calendar: webcal://calendar.calendar.live.com/calendar/US+Holidays/calendar.ics

Nowadays is there an issue with U.S. Holiday calendar in live calendar service – within last two days I’m getting sometimes the 404 (calendar not found) error. This is not a bug in the gadget.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I've put at the bottom of documentation page the instructions, how to get url's of buil-in calendars (such as U.S. Holiday calendar)