new version notification - can it be stopped ?

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM
How do i gt rid of the new version notification that pops up in red (other than installing the new version). I have customized my calendar and don't wish to update every time a new version comes out. The version I have works just perfectly! - I love it ! As well I have it installed on 5 computers through out my family and it gets a bit much updating it whenever a new version comes out.

I have tried clicking on the link in the calendar gadget, but the notification just keeps coming back. I would like to stop being notified in the gadget.

Is this possible ?
Apr 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM
can anyone advise if it is possible to stay with an older version and remove the new version notification ?
Apr 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
ok, well - even a quick response that it wasn't possible would have been appreciated, rather than just being ignored for nearly 2 weeks.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Hi, thanks for his post. I am sorry that you needed to wait for the response but it is not always possible to react right away. Anyway the notification of the new version stopped to work properly in the previous version it was because the gadget uses the Codeplex's RSS channels and there were some data which were misinterpreted. However the last version should have solved this and thus you shouldn't see the notice again. Also based on your remark and some others I'm thinking to put into the gadget an option which would hide this notification permanently. It should be released in the new version but I can't guarantee the release date yet...