4 Dec beta: One big item fixed, one not

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:59 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2011 at 4:33 AM

Thanks for the new update. It appears that the problem of an individual occurrence of a recurring event remaining at the same scheduled time when the event date/time is modified (or even deleted) is fixed. I just set up a recurring daily event, deleted the first occurrence, changed the time range on the second recurrence, and WLCG is correctly omitting the deleted occurrence, showing the modified time on the second, and showing the normal time range on the subsequent recurrences. The former misbehavior on modified and deleted occurrences of recurring events was my biggest bugaboo with the previous version.

The second problem -- of just two total I've run into since starting to use the gadget a month ago, I'm happy to report -- still seems to be a problem in the new beta, and that is WLCG will not display a reminder for events that have a reminder set for 0 minutes before the event. The flyout for such events correctly says "Alarm: 0m before" but the alarm never fires. I've just tested this with two events on Google Calendar, one with a reminder set for 0 minutes before and one set for 1 minute before. WCLG did the reminder for the "1 minute before" event correctly, but the 0-minute reminder for the second test event never went off. As a workaround, I've been trying to set reminders at least 1 minute before events, but sometimes I do forget and set it to 0. If this small problem can be fixed, I can reach my goal of relying on the gadget for reminders and get rid of the permanent Google Calendar tab I have open in Firefox.

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Hey, thanks for reporting the "second problem". Will be fixed in the next version...