Show time in event list :)

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Hey,

Im glad I found your app, works like a charm :)

Could you please do a little adjustment to the event list?^^

I think it would greatly enhance your gadget, if you would show time and place of an event in the list (i know i can see it when i click the event, but the list would be a better overview, if i could directly see where and when the event starts). Now it is like (in mini mode):

week days

event 1

tomorrow

event2

friday

What i mean is this:

week days

event 1

tomorrow - 15:00-16:00 ( workplace)

event2

friday - 9:15-9:30 ( home)

I don't think it would be much to change, but i think it'd be awesome.

Maybe you will really consider it ? :)

greetz

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM

no answer ? :(

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hi, sorry I didn't answer yet (somehow lost your mail). I'm already wondering about allowing more deep customization of the event list. I'm probably going to implement an interface to achieve this but the formatting of the eventlist itself will be defined by the skin only. So there will be possible to create a new theme defining the events to show up the way you've described. But please understand that I wouldn't be able to create such theme because there are many users with very different preferences and I don't have a capacity to customize the look of the gadget for everyone. You will be able to create a new theme by yourself or ask your friend to create one for you (it is very easy, the only technology needed to know are CSS styles). Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind!

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Hi
thanks for the answer ! Smiley
No problems with css^^ Do you have an ETA for your implementation?
Or better: Will you maybe release the source some time? I could do the “adjustement” by myself then Zwinkerndes Smiley.
anyways, thanks for this super-fast reply Smiley
greetz
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:39 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Show time in event list :) [wlcalendargadget:254705]

Hi, sorry I didn't answer yet (somehow lost your mail). I'm already wondering about allowing more deep customization of the event list. I'm probably going to implement an interface to achieve this but the formatting of the eventlist itself will be defined by the skin only. So there will be possible to create a new theme defining the events to show up the way you've described. But please understand that I wouldn't be able to create such theme because there are many users with very different preferences and I don't have a capacity to customize the look of the gadget for everyone. You will be able to create a new theme by yourself or ask your friend to create one for you (it is very easy, the only technology needed to know are CSS styles). Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind!

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2011 at 10:58 AM

The gadget is open source so the source files are avaiable here on the codplex: http://wlcalendargadget.codeplex.com/SourceControl/. You can download the code for the current Midnight theme and modify it according to your needs. Just browse the source files and open this directory: src/skins/Midnight. Your skin would be automatically loaded by the gadget according to the name of the folder once it exists in the skin folder of your gadget instance. Just remember the gadget currently doesn't provide the level of details for eventlist you need,  you have to wait for the next version :-)

May 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I'd love to achieve this little change in the event list output.

I actually see it like this:

Event 1 blabla

18:00

Event 2 blabla

19:00

Event 3 blabla

Tomorrow

Event 4 blabla

Sunday

And i wanted to have em like that:

Today            Monday

18:00 - Event 1 blabla

19:00 - Event 2 blabla

Tomorrow     Tuesday

18:00 - Event 3 blabla

Sunday 15 May

18:00 - Event 4 blabla

Also, if possible, to have a color mark to indetify the different calendar sources.

Is that possible in future, or is it already doable with skins ? If yes ... an hint on how to do that?

Thank you a lot

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Hi, I see your point, but unfortunately this would mean a quite significant modification of the current conception of the gadget. Feel free to create your own modification as the gadget is opensource... Anyway the color mark identificating different calendar sources is already present in the last version... Thanks for the suggestion!

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Edited Jan 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I'm missing this feature, too.. It would be sufficient to me, if there were even a time entry. Thats basic and thats why I may not use that tool..

thats the "perfect" design for me:

http://scippleron.com/themes/square-gray/img.v1.0.jpg

its more or less the same, but some necessary details aren't missing.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Well, I must say, I like this look too but also I see quite lot work behind it. I take it as a suggestion but I can't promise, that I will implement it soon... Thank you!

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I believe the new version is much closer to what you have on your mind :-)