Automatic Updates?

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Would it be possible to set up automatic updates? It's pretty tedious to have to come to the site and download a new version every other day. Or maybe make it more conspicuous when a new update is available, so we aren't forced to download it, ie the red font glaring across the calendar notifying us of a new update is pretty much forcing us to update. Could change it to a small check or something, and when you hover the mouse over the check it says update available.

Another note: You should allow to remove the week numbers through the options, every time you update the calendar we have to reinstall the midnight theme again too.

Anyways, just some suggestions. I do appreciate your work though, it's a great widget.

Thanks,

Godswrath

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Hello, sorry for a late response. I understand, the way the gadget is beeing updated is not very comfortable. But your suggestions would mean a lot of work and I'm not sure that the added value is high enough. So currently I'm not planning to change the update mechanism in the gadget. The week numbers are same thing. So, I am sorry, I am not going to implement your suggestions, but as the gadget is an open source, someone else is free to do that.

Thanks a lot for using the gadget!

Zbynek