Problems loading Calendar

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Received alert message on Nov 4 to reload new version, so I did and all was OK

Received another alert message on Nov 6 to reload new(er?) version, so I did, and now see only partial calendar graphiic on screen???  Using Win7-64.

How do I fix this?  Please advise.

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Hi, actualy I didn't release a new version - I've added an older version to the download section and that could cause the alert message to appear. So I haven't made any changes. Please try to restart the sidebar process which hosts the gadgets. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting submenu View and uncheking and then checking again the "Show desktop gadgets" item (or restart the computer). If it wouldn't solve your issue, please let me know and I find other solution. Thanks using the gadget

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Thanks for your advise.

Tried your suggestions and all is OK once again.  I think the problem was that I was using the "Aero" skin.  Now that I'm back to "Midnight" skin all seems fine again.  (What should Aero look like?)

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Hello, I am glad is OK now. The Aero skin is based on midnight but it adapts its color to the base color of your aero in windows (if you have pink Windows the gadget should look pink as well :-)) I think you were using midnight all the time - there is a small bug in the persistent settings (if you close the gadget you can see then a wrong name of selected theme in settings dialog). So, the Aero skin wasn't the cause.

Nov 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Speaking of skins, the older version (Alpha 4) that you uploaded does not include Windows Calendar skin.

- Paul

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM

That's possible, I can add it or provide it separately, no problem. So you're using the older version? If I'm right, you've noticed an issue with time zone - I've alread found the bug and I am working on the solution...

Nov 7, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Understood - I'm just using the older version until your fix is available.