options don't save

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:53 PM

HI

Great gadget!

when I close the gadget my options calendar location and reminder sound are lost. how can i save them so when i bring the gadget up nest time i don't have to reconfigure the gadget

thanks

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Hi, this is a standard behavior of all gadgets. If you close the gadget, you lose your preferences. I’m thinking about storing your settings persistently, but I can’t promise it will be a part of the next build. The next version should be released in couple weeks. Thanks for the question; I’ll keep it in mind while making of decision about implementing of persistent settings.

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I am so sorry, I’ve accidently deleted your post :-( Please don’t hate me. Could you be so kind and repeat your question? Btw I’ve received the mail, where you ask me about hard coding of the gadget. I would be very happy about that. Since I’m the only one developer and according to lack of time I would appreciate a help. To modify the gadget you need to know only the javascript. If you would like to help me with the development, feel free to download it and modify. If you would need any help, just ask me. Thanks for your interest and once again SORRY for deleting your post :-(

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Hi!

I'm using a gadget called WeatherMAN. It can save my settings. http://www.greycastle.com/gadgets/weatherman

It can help to find a way for saving settings.

By the way, you can save the most important setting (ics links) by Notepad ;)

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out