Using local .ics file

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hi. This is, as everyone says, a great gadget and I can get it to work fine with my Windows Live Calendar. However I would prefer to use it with my Windows Vista Calendar. I have saved an .ics file of my calendar and copied the file address into the gadget but I always get an 'Object Error' message and my system becomes extremely unstable, requiring me to remove the gadget and then start afresh. Should I be able to use a local .ics file with the latest version (Alpha 4) that I have installed? Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 24, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Hi, gadget in the current version should support local files, but (as you can see :-) ) I didn't test it enough yet. The error message you see will be translated and means that gadget isn't able to open the file. Please verify the address of you ics file and check if isn't disallowed its reading. Thanks for feedback!

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.  I get three sequential pop-ups with [object error] each time the gadget tries to access the ics file.  The Windows account I'm using has all permissions.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Hi, I'll check it up and let you know. Give please a few days; I am a little bit busy right now. Thanks for feedback!

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:54 PM
My pleasure. Thanks for looking into the issue!
Don Lawton

Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 9:27 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Using local .ics file [wlcalendargadget:210425]

Hi, I'll check it up and let you know. Give please a few days; I am a little bit busy right now. Thanks for feedback!

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Hello, I am currently working on solving your issue with local ics file. I think I've fixed it but to be sure I would like to ask you for sending me your ics file. Would it be possible? Thanks a lot!

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Good morning. Here 'tis!

Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 11:09 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Using local .ics file [wlcalendargadget:210425]

Hello, I am currently working on solving your issue with local ics file. I think I've fixed it but to be sure I would like to ask you for sending me your ics file. Would it be possible? Thanks a lot!

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Hi, I'm sorry, but I don't see any attachment. Could you please send mi the file using the codeplex contact form? Thanks a lot!