This project is read-only.

Could not load the calendar (403):


Hi thanks for all the great work over the years with this gadget :)

Since updating to the latest version this month - the calendar can no longer load my google ical file. I get this message:

Could not load the calendar (403):

but I know there's no issues with the (non-redacted) link as when I put it into any web browser - asks straightaway where I'd like to download the ical file too.

I can manually make it load the ical file from a hard drive location (so appears not to be anything wrong with google's formatting of the file) but then I have to keep downloading the file manually every few days and uploading it into the gadget.

I've tried shorting the address, adding www or making it http instead of https but same issue.

I've also tried changing my internet explorer internet security settings (as mentioned on other posts) and reinstalling the new version, turning off Antiviruses/firewall, changing dns etc. but same issue.

Any suggestions?



PioneerDroid wrote Jan 19, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Heres how I fixed that .. atleast for now. When you go into your Calendar(s) there's public and private (i use private). You will see Green ICAL and next to it is "Reset Private URL's". I told it to reset the URL's then used the new Urls and everything is working .. for now, I haven't tried the regular address. Good Luck.

knightwalker41 wrote Jan 20, 2016 at 6:33 AM

I also use private too. I was just about to type a reply saying I tried the above and it didn't work. But for laughs I tried a 3rd time a few hours later and now it works fine...
Weird, I had even reloaded the browser google calendar page to make sure I was using the newly updated ical address.

I don't understand why, but resetting it 3x and using the 3rd regenerated link works now.

To make sure - I closed the gadget and restarted the side bar process then loaded the gadget again and is still working fine with the new link.

Thanks so much for the suggestion and fix @pioneerdroid!

poulicek wrote Jan 21, 2016 at 9:56 PM

Please try to use the latest version. I've released a hotfixed gadget right after the previous one.

Here is the explanation:
In the previous version was implemented a download wrapper which extended support of calendar sources. However, the traffic has overloaded the server capacity and it started failing with response code 403. In the hotfix the wrapper has been removed, which may cause troubles with some calendar sources, but in general should give better service reliability.