Feature request

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Been trying to get Microsoft to implement this with no luck.....

If I populate the event with the initial year in brackets i.e. [1970] for repeating events (so you can find it easy), where you have the name of the event and the date display, show how many years since the initial year.

This way it will show how old someone will be or anniversary number .  Guess you would need to add one year (if current date is prior to the event date) to make it show years for the new event date.

Thanks,

John

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Interesting idea, I'll put it into my todolist. Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Done. Feature implemented in the Alpha 4 version. Thanks for the suggestion!

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Fantastic!  BYW, the gadget has been working great the past two weeks....no problems conncting or loading regular and Holiday Calendars.  The problem must have been on the Live website side.....

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I agree... For now the notifications of download errors are shown only if you commit the settings dialog - so it shouldn't annoy you anymore.

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:21 PM

OK, Having trouble with the fly out (when I click the circular icon with the arrow) - it says behind the gadget so I can't see it.

Also, to get the year thing to work, just put the starting year in square brackets?

Thanks,

John

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't get what's wrong with the flyout. What's behind the gadget? Could you please describe it in other way?

... The no. of occurence of the repeating event depends on the start date. Just try to set the start date of the event to date of birth.

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:13 PM

When I double click on an event, it used to fly out a description with data.  Now it does something, but it is purple, hazy and stays behind the gadget so I can't see it.

How do I e-mail a snapshot of what it looks like?

John

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Edited Dec 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM

hm, it seems there is an issue by generation of contents for the flyout. The snapshot would be very helpful, you can send me it directly to .... Thanks a lot!

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:54 PM

OK, I sent it....

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Fixed! Sorry for that... Just download the current version please...

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:10 PM

OK, works now, NICE!!!!  You are doing some great work here.

(Debug version not updated.....)

Best Regards,

John

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 2:30 PM

ok, I'm not going to update the the debug version - this issue doesn't influence its purpose (the meaning of the debug version is, that it shows all download error messages every time)