Suggestion for the last/best feature...

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

To everybody who might be checking this gadget out, IT IS THE BEST!
No other calendar I've tried for integrating my windows 7 machine and my google calander has anything on the functionality or design/UI of this.

That said however, there does seem to be one last point of accessability I find myself grasping for.
I have another gadget (to-do list type), Google Calander Agenda from Windows Live Gallery,
http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=be5c647c-224b-40b4-ac9c-8044f51abb4a&bt=1
running concurrently because it affords the ability to add events directly. (It also alerts as you recieve new gmail but that is another story altogehter.) Coming from a person whose schedule seems to change by the minute and is always battling screen clutter from too many open programs, this "in-gadget" option is by far the most efficient solution for updating my google calendar without the extra steps of opening a browser window/tab, logging-in, and finally making the edits.

I hope you, as a developer will check-out the aformentioned gadget and see if it's updating function is one that you could apply here to your own piece of work. As calendars/gadgets/organizing my life goes, if it is possiible to use the best (your creation) and ditch the rest (any others) I would consider myself well on the way to computational 7th heaven!

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Edited Dec 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Yeah, it would be nice to have a possibility to edit events directly in the gadget, but I'm afraid currently it's not possible (at least if I want to keep the gadget universal). Unfortunately there isn't any unified api for handling with calendar events. Google provides his own very beautiful api, but that's not the case of the other services like Windows Live Calendar. So currently I'm not planning to add that functionality to the gadget (but never say never ;-)). Thanks again, I would very appreciate any further suggestions!