Feed not working for 4 days now

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Hi,
I have had my windows live calendar gadget set up with the same calendar for over 6 months and it has worked flawlessly. About 4 days ago, it cant reload any changes I have made to my calendar. I think this may be a windows live problem, but I cant find anyone else complaining that this is happening. My windows live calendar in windows live mail and on the windows live calendar site is updating, its just the' read only' feed urls dont work.

I have even gone to my calendar to copy and paste them again and still the live gadget wont update. Is anyone else having these difficulties ?

I have even taken the urls from the live calendar screen that should be readable in a browser and the links are broken. Is there anything I can do here, or is windows live calendar broken for everyone ? Should I update my Windows Live Calendar Gadget, or maybe re-set my links in Windows Live Calendar ? I am at a loss Its been 4 days....
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem since August 24, with my windows live calendar, you can not update it via Skydrive. I can not find a solution. If anyone can help that would be great.
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Hey guys, doesn't work for me as well :-( I am not sure what to advise, its clearly a problem in the live calendar service. I hope Microsoft is going to fix this soon...
Sep 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Edited Sep 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I have the gadget working with Yahoo calendar links - I have moved all my calendars over to Yahoo from windows live./outlook calendar. It seems that the problem may be that outlook or Windows Live have done away with public urls and you have to be signed in with an outlook/windows live id to even see shared calendars. I gave up as the support thread at outlook regarding this has just been going around in circles with no resolution.

editing this post to provide a link to the discussion on outlook.com
Link to windows live - outlook calendar problem discussion
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Hi, I might have found something! Yesterday I was trying to download the ics file on my desktop PC and it didn't work. Now I am on my laptop and it works. So there might be some internal access policies involved. I need to do a little deeper research on this but I'll be able to do so during the next weekend at earliest. Thanks for the link on your discussion with MS, it was really helpful!
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM
This problem was deeply discussed and resolved in this thread: https://wlcalendargadget.codeplex.com/workitem/11223 The help should be usage of this release https://www.codeplex.com/Download/AttachmentDownload.ashx?ProjectName=wlcalendargadget&WorkItemId=11223&FileAttachmentId=3707 and if it doesn't help, please continue reading to janek316's solution.