Google calendar private iCal won't load

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Hi

I've tried many times to get it to work with the google private ical link but it just won't load, comes up saying:

Could not load calendar (0):

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/dpic7%40student.monash.edu/private-long alpha-numeric string here that are in the address/basic.ics

It does however work with the public google iCal Calendar link after I've enabled sharing. I'd prefer not to make it publicly available though so am wondering if there's a work around or an upcoming fix. I don't believe I need to do anything on the google side to enable sharing of the private link because it is a private link and google simply says not to share it unless you want them to view your calendar, nor can I find any settings for it. The only difference I can see between the two addresses is the long alpha-numeric string after private whereas the other link has /public/basic.ics. My apologies if I've missed anything obvious but I'm only used to using google calendar on my phone.

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Hi, the link should work in the gadget as long as you can use the same link for download of the ics file of your calendar. You can try it in any internet browser and then open the file in notebpad for example. If it seems to have valid data than it should work with gadget as well an if it's not working then there might be a bug in the gadget. Please let me know if this was helpful...