Does not recognize calendars

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Alright, it is at least partly my fault. I tried to uninstall the gadget in favor of using Google Calendar with the Google Desktop. When that started listing each calendar item twice, I got out of Google Desktop and reinstalled the WL gadget. This time, however, the calendars I have listed do not come up at all. There are two Windows Live calendars and one Google calendar involved. I have the gadget on two other computers where it works very nicely. Any ideas on how to get those calendars to come up, or maybe how to totally uninstall the WL gadget so I can start over. I am running Windows 7-64.

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Hi, I'm not sure whether I understand properly to your question, but anyway I'll try to help. Please try to canpare the list of links in your settings dialogs, they should match in order to make it work the same way. If it does and you still have this issue, please let me know more details (maybe with some screenshots)... Thanks a lot! Zbynek

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I discovered today that Google Desktop is being discontinued, so I need to know how to get WLCalendar working again. If I install WLCalendar gadget, I do not get a bottom panel, only the calendar panel itself. The options window has both my Windows Live Calendar and my Google Calendar listed, but nothing comes up on a lower panel.  I was wondering if some former installation of WLCalendar gadget is still hanging around in the registry or somewhere, keeping me from accessing that information. If I could completely delete that information, I could start from scratch and install the WLCalendar gadget completely. I am running Windows 7-64 on this computer. I have the WLCalendar running on two other computers and the come up completely, with the schedule items on the lower panel. 

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Hi, what do you mean by lower panel? I'm still not sure, what's your issue. Could you please provide some screenshots or testing calendar files so I'll be able to do some tests? Thanks

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM
For reasons totally unknown to me, the calendar now works. I uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled it, put in the calendar addresses directly from the web instead of from a file, and it worked. I had done that routine a number of times before, but got the calendar addresses from a file. The lower panel is the one with the list of appointments, etc. Whatever was the problem, it is now gone.
Robert V. Hotchkiss
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2011 12:47 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Does not recognize calendars [wlcalendargadget:264896]

Hi, what do you mean by lower panel? I'm still not sure, what's your issue. Could you please provide some screenshots or testing calendar files so I'll be able to do some tests? Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Ok, glad to hear that, hopefuly the problem won't come back again...