bugs in loading of user preferences still evident

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:53 PM

This is great tool.., have been useing Alpha version for some time without any problems.

Installed the beta edition released on the the 7th November but the interface would not accept the click on the OK button after all the selections were made.

Installed todays release but this time the only the ICS files could be defined and again the OK button could not be selected.

Only posting this to let you know that the 'bugs in loading of user preferences' still exists.

Thank you for all your hard work.., I will continue to use the Alpha version for now.

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:10 AM
Edited Nov 11, 2010 at 2:11 AM

I had more luck with the Nov 10 version.

It did forget the ICS files, so I had to re-enter them.

It forgot the 80% opacity, so I had to put that back.

It remembered I like the Windows Calendar skin and the large size.

And the OK button works fine for me.

(I am having another problem with events showing on the wrong date when imported from google calendar, which I'll post in a separate thread.)

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Hello, the sources should be stored persistently, but your previous version of the gadget must be beta. If it was, than you probably discovered a bug, but I am not able to reproduce it yet (I would appreciate if you try the same procedure again and let me know some details). Opacity and the size of the gadget are system preferences that are stored separately so they aren't managed by gadget itself.
... You wrote, "OK button could not be selected". Please, tell me what exactly you mean. The button didn't appear, is not enabled or you can click on it but the gadget fails? This very weird, I've never experienced such issue. If you could send me screenshot, it would be very helpful. Thank you very much for reporting the issues

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Thank you Keith for your responce..., also thank you to poulicek.

I have to apologies to you both, as I have now discovered that the user account did not have full permissions on the 'Windows Sidebar' folder which prevented the setting from being updated.

Though every thing seems to be fine after allowing the use full permission on the  'Windows Sidebar' folder, I have notice that only the Midnight option allows you to see the colours of the calender entries, am I missing something or is this something that you are looking into ?

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Hi, I thought that permissions could be a problem, but the folder should be accessible by default... The colored events are available for all themes but currently is this feature used in Midnight theme only. It's only about the editation of css style for the given theme. The other themes will be probably updated in the future but it's not a pripority (it would be great if someone would like to do that).

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Hello,

I'm also having a problem with persistence of user preferences. For me all of my preferences stay the same when I install a new version, this time the Nov. 13 version, except the skin. I like the midnight without week numbers skin, but when I installed the new version it reverted from that to plain midnight and removed the "midnight(no weeks)" from the options. Now if I reinstall the Nov. 13 version it changes the theme from midnight to aero.

Thanks

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Also,

When I have the gadget in "midnight(no weeks)" skin and reinstall, it shows up on the desktop wierd. It shows up as a long vertical string op purple letters. Once I open and then close the options it goes back to the normal aero theme, but until then it looks really wierd. I've got a picture, but I don't see anywhere to attach it to my post.

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Hello, sorry for a slow response... If you reinstall the gadget, unfortunately all add-ons are deleted, so the midnight theme without week numbers is not available. You have to install/unzip it again. The next proposed issue is caused by missing theme - the gadget remembers, you've chosen the midnight theme without week numbers but the gadget is unsuccessful on load of the skin (this can be fixed). Thanks for the feedback!

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:38 PM

HELP! I need step-bystep instructions on how to sync it with my Google Calendar

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 6:56 AM

Here you can find how to get the url of your calendar:
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37111

Once you have your url, just put it into the settings dialog of the gadget.